The days spent in Ooty were spartan yet effortlessly gratifying. I come back home (home being Bombay for now!), there were just too many things (read gadgets, books, clothes, CD covers, candles, random cute things) that I didn’t want to look at / use anymore. Assuming I’d like to sell a sandwich maker, there are zilch takers for it in the market, it just doesn't make sense to give it to my bhai (she is gonna take a lifetime to understand the purpose of sandwich maker and later justify that "10 rs wala sandwich issey behtar hai"!) As a resultant of my unjustified prudence, I have accumulated quite a number of things I don’t require, but might be useful for someone else.
I am thinking it will be wonderful even if a couple of us in the same city / nearby area can get together and have a garage sale. I’m sure we have a “100 need to buy” list in the back of our minds, and the takings from this sale will help us get to that sooner. Thereby, we can resume the circle of consumerism hence garage sale all over again. “For the less inclined towards shopping kinda people”, this money can go in the way of donations to gay organizations, and other such… etc!
Tuesday, 1 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment