Thursday, 10 January 2008

life as they call it...is not so bad after all

I have quit my job. It sure was...is liberating. An overwhelming sense of control over my life, a lil bit of insecurity about my future. What am I doing about it??? NOTHING. Precisely that. Nothing to change my ways. nothing to better times ahead, nothing to change things that are behind me now. Well so I thought. Things that happened in the past, change...not in reality of course but in our perception, in our minds. People I used to hate at work don't seem all that bad after all. Oh c'mon give them a chance, my heart says. The way my office used to smell seems quite inviting! Oh since when have I let my heart speak and to beat it I actually listen to what my heart says. I close my eyes, to feel the chair I used to sit on, sipping diluted coffee I used to fill up my time sheet and check my mail before my work engulfs me. The taxi rides and the no of books I have read on those rides to client meetings, the unending calls from my suppliers for money. I liked the irony of the situation, wealthy producers asking ME for money..hehehe...what a world....

....as I open my eyes I realised I have started thinking again...something I have never done in a long time. Feels good. Feels warm and nice...my bed and pillow and of course the aroma of hot filter coffee. Good day. Good day to all of you out there!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. I quit recently in a similar fashion. Good for us. One word - startup.

i see